A loved one has been wrongfully killed due to the negligence of another. There is nothing more traumatic.
The family’s world is spinning out of control. The funeral, the grieving, the anger, the piling bills and the profound upset. What will the financial future be? The loss of love, companionship, comfort, care, assistance, protection, affection, society and moral support is profound and unimaginable.
What do you do? Where do you turn for a highly qualified, experienced and compassionate attorney to represent the family for the wrongful death?
Call us now for a free consultation. We understand. We have a track record of successfully representing families of wrongful death victims both in settlement and jury trials.
When we take a case, we take it to win.
The legal system can never bring a loved one back. The only remedy at law is money compensation and that is what we aggressively seek for the family allowed to recover these damages. California law, such as that set forth in the Judicial Council of California Civil Jury Instruction 3921 provide for the recovery of both economic and noneconomic damages.
Economic damages, ultimately reduced to their present value, include:
- Financial support that decedent would have contributed to the family during his/her life expectancy had before his/her death or the life expectancy of the person bringing the wrongful death claim, whichever is shorter.
- The loss of gifts or benefits the person bringing the wrongful death claim would have expected to receive from the decedent
- Funeral and burial expenses; and
- The reasonable value of household services that decedent would have provided
Noneconomic damages include:
- The loss of decedent’s love, companionship, comfort, care, assistance, protection, affection, society, moral support;
- The loss of the enjoyment of sexual relations; and
- The loss of decedents training and guidance.
No fixed standard exists for deciding the amount of noneconomic damages. That is one reason you need a skilled and experienced wrongful death attorney to argue and prove your cases.
Also punitive damages, meant to punish the party at fault, may also be recovered, depending on the circumstances.
A skilled and experienced attorney with a proven track record of success is what you need, and what you need now. You need a law firm that has handled and won, including by trial, wrongful death cases.
Let us help.
You pay no legal fees unless you get a monetary recovery.
We are respected by judges, attorneys and insurance companies.
Put us in your corner. Let us show you what we can do for you. Let us speak for you. We want you to feel comfortable and confident with your decision.
We invite your call for a free and friendly consultation.