Your loved one should not have to suffer elder and nursing home abuse!
Nursing homes and other senior care facilities have duties to our elderly. California has laws protecting the rights and safety of our elderly and protect them and disabled people from negligence abuse and fraud.
Examples of this type of physical and emotional negligence or abuse may include:
- Injuries of any type, including falling
- Broken bones
- Failure to provide medical care for physical and mental health needs
- Protecting the elder from health and safety hazards
- Failure to provide proper restraints
- Physical abuse
- Bed sores
- Head injuries
- Over medication
- Failure to provide food and liquid, causing malnutrition
- Failure to assist in personal hygiene
- Failure to clean and change undergarments and bandages
- Failure to keep sanitary conditions and change sheets
- Sexual abuse
- Financial abuse and fraud such as stealing money, checks, property and taking advantage of the assets of the elder.
"Abuse of an elder or a dependent adult" means either of the following: (a) Physical abuse, neglect, financial abuse, abandonment, isolation, abduction, or other treatment with resulting physical harm or pain or mental suffering. (b) The deprivation by a care custodian of goods or services that are necessary to avoid physical harm or mental suffering."
If any of the above has happened to your loved one as a result of elder/nursing home abuse take photographs and document the abuse.
Based on the specific facts and law, monetary damages by the victim of elder/nursing home abuse or the legal survivors of the victim may be awarded.
When we take a case, we take it to win.
Very often there is insurance covering these type of cases and it has been said that without an attorney fighting for you insurance companies will do their best to take advantage of you or your loved one. Let's face it, the insurance companies are not in the business of giving away money. They have trained claims adjusters and attorneys trying to pay nothing, or as little as possible.
Let us help.
A skilled and experienced attorney with a proven track record of success is what you need, and what you need now. You need a law firm that has handled numerous cases and won, including by jury trial.
You pay no legal fees unless you get a monetary recovery.
We are respected by judges, attorneys and insurance companies.
Put us in your corner. Let us show you what we can do for you. Let us speak for you. We want you to feel comfortable and confident with your decision.
We invite your call for a free and friendly consultation.